Wednesday, December 23, 2009

App-stravaganza!

Deviating slightly from my usual here.  I picked up an awesome Motorola Droid at the beginning of November.  Two friends have switched over, and I wrote this email sharing my fave apps.  Figured I would share it with you as well.

Any visitors who come across this page, share your faves too, please :)

>>


If you want these, you can search in the market OR 
-download Barcode Scanner from the market
- Google the app (include Android market in your search) 
- Scan the barcode for the app with barcode scanner on your phone. It will take you right to the app in the market.  Nifty!

Basics:
Beautiful widgets!
Dolphin browswer, as a replacement for the stock browser
PANDORA        (iheartradio comes out sometime today, too. Supposedly. I can't find it!)
HiAim for AOL instant messenger
Twidroid for Twitter
Wheres my Droid - so you can find your phone when its on silent and you've lost it in your bed. ;)
Battery widget - so you can see whats up with yo batt
Power control widget - you can quickly dim the screen, turn wifi and gps on and off
Missed Call lets you change the color of the LED..for example, I have green for email, pink for texts, yellow for calendar, on and on
Advanced Task Killer to help with battery life
Pure Calendar widget
Pure Email widget

Games:
FourSquare gives you points based on places you go.. kind of confusing to explain, but you can check out foursquare.com. I like it, but its not very fun if you don't know too many other people playing.  All my points are from going to Sullivan's.  Hahahaha.
GemBuster.  I started with the free and liked it so much I bought the full

Google Navigation is very cool, a few apps that enhance:
Places Directory lets you search around your area
Maps

Music:
Meridan is a nice music player
iMusic lets you download music free
Album Art Grabber puts album art with your music
Mixzing - playlist creator

Video:
TV.com has full episodes from CBS.  Hulu is supposed to be coming in January!
iVideo downloads videos.  I haven't played with this one too much yet

Home replacement:
I use PandaHome to customize my home screens.  I'm not 100% happy with it, but they keep pushing out updates so I'm hoping its a little smoother soon.  I can use PandaHome for themes, adding screens (I have 4 instead of 3) and changing the icons for various apps. It's a little tricky to figure out.  I think a lot of this stuff we'll be able to do anyway with the update to Android 2.1 in January.

Other stuff I like:
Dockrunner puts your phone in multimedia mode
Movies - links with Facebook
Accuweather
Astrid - to do list
Backgrounds
Bubble (because it's cool :) )
Flashlight
Color Flashlight
DC Metro Map
FX Camera 
PicSay
Goggles
Google Sky Map
E! Online
Key Ring (for frequent shopper cards)
My Coupons
NASA Images (because I'm a nerd)
Google Sky Map (because I am a super nerd)
Shazam
TV Guide
Steamy Window
Ringdroid

Bloo is a Facebook app that I like, but the notifications are super annoying so I stopped using it.  I'm using touch.facebook.com on the dolphin browser.  myspace's new site looks so cool now I almost - ALMOST - want to start using myspace again, but the only people doing anything over there are 12 so.. never mind.

Hope this is helpful! :)

Hmm.  Wow.  I use a lot of apps! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment